It has taken pioneering initiatives across many sectors that it operates in and has overcome every challenge to provide reliable infrastructure to contribute to the country’s growth. GVK’s greatest strength is its highly experienced and proficient in-house talent pool. GVK’s collaboration with global infrastructure leaders has brought international expertise to India reflecting excellence and advancement in all its endeavours.
Having already invested over Rs. 20,000 crore(USD 4.3 billion) the company has projects worth over another Rs. 30,000 crore(USD 6.6 billion) in the pipeline, in India. GVK has pioneered various infrastructure projects viz. setting up India’s first Independent Power Plant (IPP), first six-lane road project and first Brownfield airport under the Public Private Partnership model.
GVK has over 2400 MW projects under generation and development.
GVK has acquired the Australian Coal Mines in Queensland with 8 billion tonne reserves and a capacity of more than 80 million tonne per annum for USD 1.26 billion. It will also set up a 500 km rail line and a 60 mtpa port as part of the 'pit-to-port' logistics solution. The project envisages a total investment of USD 10 billion.
GVK has developed two of the busiest airports in the country namely, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai and Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru handling 60 mppa and is developing two airports in Indonesia as well.
Besides around 900 lane km operational road projects, GVK’s over 600 lane km project is under development.
The TAJGVK personifies the traditional Indian warmth with its seven properties across Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Chennai and Mumbai. It is also planning to extend its horizons to cater the ‘value for money’ segment with the ‘Ginger’ brand in Andhra Pradesh.
GVK Biosciences (GVK BIO) is one of Asia’s leading Discovery Research and Development organizations. GVK BIO provides a broad spectrum of services, across the R&D and manufacturing value chain with a focus on speed and quality. GVK BIO capabilities include Integrated Programs, Discovery Services, Clinical Development, Contract Manufacturing, Formulations and Informatics.
GVK is a socially responsible and an environmentally conscious organization that believes in sustainable development. It undertakes all infrastructure projects with a commitment to minimize ecological impact. It runs various social initiatives under the GVK Foundation for the overall development of the society. GVK EMRI attends to every emergency, be it a medical crisis, law and order situation or a fire disaster. This service is spread across 15 states and two UTs with over 45,000 employees and 11,000 ambulances. GVK, with its various developmental services aims to make a difference to the lives of people all over India.
- Goindwal Sahib TPP crossed a significant milestone with the commissioning of the plant.
- GVK CSIA has been rated as The World’s Best Airport in the ASQ Survey for 2015.
- GVK KIAB crossed its 18 millionth passenger mark, thus recording 25.2% growth in the overall traffic in 2015.
- GVK was declared as the winner for CSR Activity of the Year at the Construction Week India Awards 2016.
- GVK was declared as the winner in Roads and Highways Project of the Year for Deoli-Kota Expressway Project.
- GVK was declared as the runner up for the Infrastructure Company of the Year Award.
- GVK CSIA has been bestowed with Excellence in Travel Retail Infrastructure award by Indian Retail Forum 2016.
- GVK CSIA has been awarded as the Best Metro Airport 2015-16 by Air Passenger Association of India .
- GVK CSIA has been awarded the prestigious National Tourism Award 2014-15 under the category of Best Airports in Class X (metro) Cities.
- GVK MIAL has been awarded the GreenCo Award at the GreenCo Summit 2016.